At TJ’s Swim School, our classes run perpetually throughout the year, including school holidays, only closing for the Christmas/New Year period, public holidays and maintenance if required. Payment is monthly in advance via direct debit for all enrolments. All classes are 30 minutes but you are able to enrol in more than one class per week. Learn more about our lesson structure, pricing and discounts below.
These are the first steps towards getting your child familiar with the water and structured lessons. As is standard at this age and level, a parent or carer is to be in the water for the entirety of the lesson.
Squirts (6-12 mths): Bubs become familiar to the feeling of moving through the water and water resistance whilst learning basic water safety.
Small Fries (1-2 yrs): A similar format to Squirts, while not fully independent, your child will be given the opportunity to continue to explore with more emphasis on safety in readiness for independent swimming.
It’s a big step to independent swimming, so we want your child to feel confident and comfortable about it! Bearing this in mind, our Learn to Swim & Survive class sizes are reduced to a maximum of four children per lesson to assist them to progress comfortably through each level. After an initial discussion, a trial lesson will be organised to make sure your child is in an appropriate level to suit their skill and age group.
No one likes feeling alienated, particularly when trying to improve on a skill. We appreciate that learning to swim is not just about teaching the little ones to swim in a group format – private 1:1, 2:1 and even 3:1 lessons for individual families from 3 years old and upwards. We also offer pre-squad preparation to get older children ready to move up into a “big pool”.
We have a team of experienced and dedicated Access & Inclusion instructors so we are able to assist Self-Managed or Plan-Managed NDIS participants. Our highly qualified team are committed to supporting those in the community who require specialised assistance. Our facility has also been purpose-built to ensure ease of access. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch so that we can discuss your individual requirements.
Learn to confidently put their face into the water and float on their back assisted for 5 seconds. Floatation devices will be provided by our teacher as a safety method if deemed necessary.
Learn to paddle 5m independently of any aids, demonstrate correct breathing techniques and safely return to edge. Be comfortable floating on their back unassisted for at least 10 seconds.
Learn to swim 7m using “big arms”, showing any breathing technique. Introduction to Backstroke.
Learn to swim 10m of Freestyle with bilateral breathing and Backstroke.
Learn to swim a full pool length (15m) of correct Freestyle and Backstroke. Introduction to Breaststroke kick.
Learn to swim 4 full pool lengths (60m) of Freestyle and Backstroke. Introduction to Breaststroke and Butterfly kick.
Confidently swim 8 full pool lengths of freestyle and backstroke, successfully demonstrate breaststroke and butterfly kick with the correct technique and introduction to butterfly.
As the name suggests, assists in squad class readiness by working primarily on stroke correction and drill-based training.
1:1, 2:1 and even 3:1 lessons offered from 3 years old and upward. Private lessons provide an opportunity for children who are less confident, preparing them to join group lessons once they are ready.
After the easing of restrictions on Wednesday, 15 December 2021, we made the decision that, whilst still following the advice of NSW Health and current Public Health Orders, we will be operating under the following guidelines:
• We are aware that there is an extremely small percentage of our families where parents have not been vaccinated. As we work with children all day, who cannot currently be vaccinated, we do not see any further risk by allowing unvaccinated adults in small numbers to attend.
• If you or any member of your family are unwell or showing even minor symptoms, please DO NOT attend lessons, we have a generous make-up lesson policy and will be happy to sort things out. Please stay home, rest up and consider getting testing.
• If you are advised that you, a family member, or close contact has tested positive for COVID-19, you are considered at risk and have attended TJ’s in the two weeks before, please advise us immediately so that we are able to take appropriate action.
• When attending TJ’s, depending upon the weather, we will leave the front doors open between classes to help with coming and going.
• Face masks are encouraged, however, not required.
• Even though capacity limits have been lifted, as an indoor facility, we are still trying to limit excess numbers in the school at a time. Please keep the numbers in your group to a minimum, i.e.:
These measures will be reviewed regularly, and we will continue to monitor and follow Government and industry body guidelines and advice.