TJ’s Swim School is located in the heart of the Sutherland Shire at 62 Waratah St, Kirrawee – just before the corner of Oak Road.
Ironically, we are located right behind the pool supply warehouse!
We have limited off street and assisted access parking on site and allocated parking spots for weekday morning classes provided by our friends at Club Kirrawee. We also have street parking that is perfect for our afternoon and weekend sessions.
Our classes run perpetually throughout the year, including school holidays with closures only over the Christmas/New Year period, public holidays and for maintenance if required. Closure dates are advised well in advance.
As we run year-round and bill monthly, you can enrol at any time and fees will be pro-rated accordingly.
You can request enrolment at the school, over the phone, via email or on our website.
Enrolments will be automatically rolled over each month as long as payment is received.
If you wish to cancel, you just need to give us two weeks’ notice prior to the next billing date.
All children entering Learn to Swim & Survive program will need to undergo an initial assessment by way of a trial lesson to ensure we place them into the correct level.
After an initial discussion regarding your child’s skill level, we will look for availability at a level on a day and time that will work for you ongoing. A fee will be charged for the trial, which is payable prior to the booking being confirmed but there is no obligation to continue after the trial.
Fees are payable at the time of enrolment for that current month, pro-rated for the remaining weeks either in person or over the phone. If you are enrolling after the billing date (usually the 10th) then the following month’s fees will also be added and payable at the time of enrolment.
Payment options are included in the email sent with your initial and ongoing monthly statements.
Ongoing monthly payments are taken via direct debit and accounts are made available through our customer portal and app.
We offer two (2) make-up lessons per month with a ninety (90) day expiry with notice. If a make-up lesson is missed then this lesson is forfeited. Payments for missed lessons are non-refundable.
If you will be away for a period of four weeks or more, you can chose to either drop your enrolment at the end of the month (with sufficient notice) or pay a holding fee to secure your spot for a maximum of four weeks.
If your normal lesson time falls on a public holiday the lesson will not proceed and you will not be charged.
If we have to cancel a class due to issues with the pool or a teacher absence where we’ve been unable to cover, we will offer a non-expiring make-up or, if requested, a credit. These make-ups and credits will not be offered for any previously notified absences and will only apply to current enrolments.
After the easing of restrictions on Wednesday, 15 December 2021, we made the decision that, whilst still following the advice of NSW Health and current Public Health Orders, we will be operating under the following guidelines:
• We are aware that there is an extremely small percentage of our families where parents have not been vaccinated. As we work with children all day, who cannot currently be vaccinated, we do not see any further risk by allowing unvaccinated adults in small numbers to attend.
• If you or any member of your family are unwell or showing even minor symptoms, please DO NOT attend lessons, we have a generous make-up lesson policy and will be happy to sort things out. Please stay home, rest up and consider getting testing.
• If you are advised that you, a family member, or close contact has tested positive for COVID-19, you are considered at risk and have attended TJ’s in the two weeks before, please advise us immediately so that we are able to take appropriate action.
• When attending TJ’s, depending upon the weather, we will leave the front doors open between classes to help with coming and going.
• Face masks are encouraged, however, not required.
• Even though capacity limits have been lifted, as an indoor facility, we are still trying to limit excess numbers in the school at a time. Please keep the numbers in your group to a minimum, i.e.:
These measures will be reviewed regularly, and we will continue to monitor and follow Government and industry body guidelines and advice.